Today, we're going to resort to the old favorite: Oreo truffles! After scouring Pinterest and the web for recipes that included copious amounts of chocolate, Oreos, sugar, or all three, we finally settled on one.
We present to you a classic but delicious recipe…Oreo truffles. Gooey, chocolate-y, and utterly amazing.
Monica & Caroline
Left photo: The ingredients. Pretty simple! (Imagine vegetable shortening is in the picture.)
Center photo: Oreo plus cream cheese in the food processor, partially ground. Mashing the Oreos with the cream cheese may take a while. Try stopping the food processor occasionally and stir around the mix with a spoon.
Right photo: The Oreo truffles, before being dipped.
Oreo and cream in truffle form. Simply divine!
Time: around 1 hour | Yield: approximately 40 Oreo truffles
1 stick (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
1 package “double stuf” Oreos*
approx. 20 oz. white chocolate chips**
*Try using “berry ice cream” Oreos or other Oreo flavors.
**Try using layering techniques with milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
1. Add cream cheese and the entire package of Oreos into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Freeze for 30 minutes to one hour until relatively solid. This will depend on the type of Oreos you used (“double stuf” Oreos take longer).
3. Take the chilled Oreo mixture and form balls (approx. 1 inch in diameter, but it’s a matter of personal preference).
4. Place Oreo balls in any size tray lined with foil paper and freeze for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the truffles are firm enough to dip without falling apart.
5. Meanwhile, heat the white chocolate chips in a small microwave safe container until melted into a thick mixture. Add a spoonful or two of shortening until the mixture has thinned enough to be dip-able.
6. Dip the Oreo balls in the chocolate, and place on the tray. This will be messy!
7. Add any other garnishments. Let cool, until the chocolate is firm. Serve & enjoy!